Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Twas the Night Before Christmas (Chicago Bears version)

My husband and his family are major Chicago Bears fans so when I saw a cute Packers Twas the Night Before Christmas I looked for a Chicago Bears one. The only thing I could find was one about firing Lovie Smith. Sooo I wrote my own. Hope all you Bears fans like it.

Twas the Night Before Bearmas
by Megan Goodnight

Twas the night before bearmas and all through the stands,
Not a creature was stirring, not one single fan
The jerseys were hung by the lockers with care,
In hopes that a Super Bowl soon would be there
The Bears Fans were nestled all sung in there beds
While visions of touchdowns danced in their heads
And ma in her orange and I in my blue
Had just started napping a moment or two
When out on the field there arose such a clatter
I raced to Halas Hall to see what was the matter
And what to my wondering eyes did I see
But Lovie and the Chicago Bears D
Stronger and faster than Packers (so lame)
And he whistled and shouted and called them called them all names
Now run and jump and tackle em harder
Come on Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher
Morning has come, game day is here
The fans yell Bear Down, you can here them all cheer
Cutler passes to Marshall, he gets a first down
Now Forte is running, he's going to town
To the 50, the 40, the 30 and more
The fans are all yelling, we know you can score
The game is now over, the players worn out
The Bears fans all laugh to see Packer fans pout
As the bus drives away I hear Lovie say
"Merry Christmas to all, see you Super Bowl day."

No comments:

Post a Comment