Friday, March 5, 2010

Human Bouncer

And no I'm not talking about the big burly guys standing outside a bar. I mean, why pay 30 or 40 dollars for something you can do yourself for free? Now I'm not saying that store bought bouncers are useless, say if you have household things to do but I am always looking for ways to spend quality time with my son. When he was younger I breastfed him but had to stop because I developed gallstones and was too ill to continue feeding him. Now he's nine months old and unlike his sister he doesn't like to snuggle up and play, he is much more rough and tough and the way he plays is proof of it. He's still to small to play horsy (ride on your back while you crawl around) but this is a way to kind of play that as well as keep him calm just like a bouncer would. First I lay flat on my back (preferably somewhere soft like on the bed) with my knees bent. Then I sit him on my pelvic bone and lay him back against my legs. Trust me, you don't want to put him on your stomach/gut because after bouncing him a few minutes it feels like you've been attacked by a professional wrestler. You can change speeds and height of the bounces to get him to laughing. What a great bonding moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment